Sunday, October 31, 2010

Tis the season of...

PUMPKIN CARVING AND...

 
 
We had Kim and Tyler over for FHE pumpkin carving


Joey scraping the slimy stuff out


Kim and Tyler putting on their pattern


The final product! (Joey's, mine, Kim and Tyler’s)


I also made Halloween sugar cookies for a treat...but this is the only picture I took of them. Don't you like his hair do?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 HALLOWEEN COSTUMES!

We dressed up for our ward party that was Saturday night, but unfortunately we forgot the camera so the pictures were taken afterwards at the apartment. The party was fun and there were lots of cute costumes, but that was to be expected in a young married ward with so many adorable babies.

Can you guess who we dressed up as?
...John Smith and Pocahontas of course!


...Joey makes a WAY better John Smith, don't ya think?
It may or may not have something to do with the fact that he's not made out of cardboard
(This picture was taken my 2nd year as a YCL at girls camp, our level was...Pocahontas. My loving mom made me this AMAZING Pocahontas dress that turned into a great Halloween costume.)



Here he is in full costume, made by me. It was really easy cheap costume. Black boot, mine. Little kids sweat pants, DI $2. Cut up T-shirt flipped inside-out, free. White Sunday shirt, his. Belt sash thing, his. Homemade cardboard hat, free. I'd say we didn't do too bad.


My full costume (minus the moccasins cut off in the pic.)
Pocahontas dress made by mom years back, already owned. Moccasins, already owned. Pocahontas necklace made out of cardboard and a cut up shirt, DI shirt $2. Awesome Pocahontas tattoo, drawn by Joey. Although I do wish my hair was as long as the girls camp picture, much more Pocahontas. 

Overall our costumes only $4 total, not too shabby!

6 comments:

  1. I posted a comment yesterday and now it is gone, I don't get it. I just said thanks for the credit for the costume and you are soooooo creative, girl. You make me proud with your ability to make cute things out of so little.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh thanks mommmy! haha. It's so much fun making things!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry...too many typos on my previous post. I was just saying I didn't know Pocahontas had a tattoo. Who watches that whole movie anyway? J/K.

    ReplyDelete
  5. uh all you have to do is look on the cover, duh. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. did you have a pattern to make John Smith's hat? I'm trying to recreate it! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete