Sunday, July 1, 2012

Shout Out

I wanted to give a shout out to my amazing husband. Seriously he's the best. Ever. And If you know him pretty well I think you'll be shocked about the information I'm about to disclose.

This last week Joey has eaten all of the following: Cherry tomatos, avacado, cucumbers, and asparagus.
Crazy right?! It gets even better. He did it all willingly, not only willingly but I didn't even ask him to eat any of that! He actually asked me for all of those things! Say what?

Okay so you're probably wondering who this person is that I am talking about because it could not possible be Joey. Well it is. It's crazy how much a baby can change your life. Like every aspect in your life. Including what you eat. I'm always telling Joey that she's going to look at us and what we do and thats how she'll learn. That is a scary thought for us imperfect parents.

 Occasionally I will ask Joey to just try something that he doesn't like but I don't force anything because what good would that do.  I have even been trying to eat more things I used to not like because I fear a picky eater. I'm not really sure why thats such a huge thing for me but it is, and I guess Joey caught on.

I could not be more proud of my husband than I am right now. Sure he ate some stuff that he hates, but that showed me how much he cares about Brinlee and how much he cares about me. I could have cried when he told me he wanted some cucumbers and asparagus when I was only getting those for myself. He asked me! 

Now that is a great daddy



I thought that this picture was perfect because we are just holding that sweet little baby and staring at her. She has changed us for the better already and she's only 10 months old. We love you baby girl!

2 comments:

  1. Say what? I don't believe you. Okay, maybe I believe you. But only because it was for Brinlee. But here's the bigger question...did he like it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well he said that asparagus wasn't as bad as he thought it would taste. Cucumbers are not his this, he still didn't like them. He said avacado grossed him out because it was slimey. And I think that tomatos are just okay to him on the grossness level. Haha. It's progress...

      Delete